To create affordable housing and to promote community and economic development in the city of East Palo Alto. We accomplish our mission by building and maintaining affordable housing. Additionally our mission is met, by providing educational workshops and counseling in the area of home buying, credit and budgeting.
History & Accomplishments
- EPA CAN DO Incorporated on August 24, 1991.
- In three years conducted 6 Town Hall meetings to discuss housing issues.
- Sponsored a Home Buyer’s Fair.
- Developed 336 Affordable housing units year-to-date.
- Assisted the City of East Palo Alto in starting its Below Market Rate Housing (Central Wait List) Program.
- Launched the Anti-Predatory Lending Program.
- Initiated developing a Housing Coalition to advocate affordable housing in East Palo Alto.
- After 10 years developed Nugent Square, 32 affordable housing units.
- Established a Farmers Market.
- Established a Local Business Directory.
- 2000-2010 over 5,800 people participated in homebuyer and credit/budget financial literacy workshops.
- Tax Credit Allocation Committee awarded University Avenue Senior Housing Development 9% tax credits.
We love our community and welcome your feedback and suggestions. Use our Contact Us page to tell us what we’re doing right or what we can improve on.