This session focuses on understanding loan terminology, loan qualification criteria, the loan application and closing processes, underwriting standards, loan product choices, and financing and real estate transaction processes. Theses workshops help participants learn how to search for and select suitable homes, how to make informed loan decisions, and the responsibilities of home ownership. Classes are held on a quarterly basis.
All workshops are currently pending and sign up will be available later.
Topics of Discussion
Who is Involved in the Buying Process
Learn about those who are involved in the process of buying a home
Are You Ready to Purchase?
Financing the Purchase
The Real Estate Transaction Process
For those with good credit and who are ready to discuss home-purchase. The client and Counselor identify:
- Short-term and long-term financial, budgetary, and savings goals
- Associated costs
- Alternatives for financing
- Real estate terms
- The rights and responsibilities of home ownership
- FHA and other mortgage insurance assistance
Additional information provided includes understanding:
- The full cost of home ownership
- The benefits of inspection reports
- The need for reserves for repairs and replacements
- Preventive maintenance measures
- Insurance options
Once clients have purchased their home, we provide continued counseling support on issues such as:
- Mortgage options
- Investment opportunities
Clients have the option to attend additional workshops on:
- Home rehabilitation
- Home safety
All counseling services and information are provided in English and Spanish. Translation of workshops and client documents and disclosures is provided where necessary.